Monday, October 1, 2012

Website Critiques


Milford Town Library

The objective of this site is to inform people about the services and activities offered by the library, and make the CMARS catalogue accessible to patrons. The site targets both adults and children of the Milford community, as well as some surrounding towns.  There is a lot of content on this site including library specific information, hours, location, exc., services, research, and community.  There is also library news, job postings, calendar events, and catalog options. The design of the website facilitates its purpose well.  It is organized and clear as the hierarchy of information is presented well. 

I found this website very user friendly and accessible.  I could navigate from page to page very easily and there was a navigation bar with working links on all pages.  I never got lost and always knew where I was on the site because of clear headers.

Forever 21

The objective of this website is to display apparel and accessories in an appealing, consumer friendly way to sell product.  This site’s target audience is young women between the ages of 16 to 25.   There are a lot things going on, on this website, but it works for the purpose of the site.  There is a horizontal navigation bar that includes New Arrivals, Apparel, Accessories, Shoes, Beauty, Shop By, Love 21, Plus Sizes, Men’s, Girls, Sale, and Blog.  Once in a category a horizontal navigation stays on the left hand side of the page where viewers can find different sub-categories within the major one.  The site also offers an account log in, store locator, and order tracker quick links.  The design of the website facilitates the websites objective by showing the product and allowing it to be selected for more details.  The site also tracks what you view in a recently viewed sliding bar for easy selection later on in shopping.     

I was able to navigate this website easily its navigation was usable and shopper friendly.  Having both a main horizontal navigation bar and a supplemental side navigation made moving from page to page very smooth.  I never got lost, one big part in that were the giant headers at the top of every different page saying what it was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.